Monday, March 4, 2013

So You Think You Can't?

Most people start there health and fitness program with good intentions.However once they see that results are not coming in fast enough,they give up.People don't understand that getting the fitness results they want or the weight loss results that they want come in time and not overnight.How do I know this?Well I lost weight twice lol...My first time was before getting pregnant with the boys.I lost 100 pounds successfully and stuck to my fitness program.However I didn't go about it correctly and set unrealistic goals and got burned out on running.After my boys were born,I decided to go at it again.This time with more flexibility.I decided that this would not be a race.I lost all my baby weight and feel better.Most people when they decide to get started,they set themselves up to fail.Here are a few reasons:

1.They go at it  too fast and hard.They completely start slashing there calories and go into  overkill mode.They also create an unrealistic fitness plan that they know that cannot maintain.This will cause you to crash and burn.

2.They want to do it fast.Some people may only want to shed a few pounds.So they lose it and are happy for maybe a few weeks and then they gain it back plus interest.

3.They want to look like a celebrity or some other fantasy person....Lets face it we don't have the option of always having a personal trainer,a chef that makes all the perfect foods/portions etc.Nor do you want that.Most people that do this restrict themselves so much,that the weight loss/fitness plan loses its appeal.Thus they give up.


Losing weight and maintaining an active fitness life doesn't have to be hard or boring.When you think get in shape and eating better,you have to have a different mindset.Bring some new ideas to the table,think what can you add to your routine or diet?Not what can you take away.I think that most people associate losing weight with starving to death and not being able to enjoy the food they love.Yes there are some things you may want to scale back on,but not cut out.Remember folks,it took years to gain those extra pounds to your frame and it may take a year or longer to achieve the results you desire.Just don't give up.Over the next few weeks,I will be writing articles focusing on health/nutrition as well as different types of workouts you can do to get those results you are working for.I had someone ask me to do a article on supplements,so I will start doing some research as well as using my own personal stories regarding supplementation if you chose to use them.(Vitamins,protein shakes etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment