Friday, March 1, 2013

Losing Weight While Still Enjoying Food

People tend to think that losing weight and getting in shape means missing out on your favorite foods.Nope!You can still enjoy the pizza and eating out.You just have to be sensible.Make sure that you include healthy choices and appropriate serving sizes.I for one love Steak and Shake,Olive Garden and a few other restaurant's.Yes even McDonald's every now and then!People seem to think that losing weight and getting in shape means alot of sacrifice.While there are some things that you will need to scale back on(not completely give up)I don't recommend taking anything out of your diet unless you plan to for the rest of your life.Here are a few tips:

1.Choose a place to eat at,at least once a week.Enjoy the food and make sure that your portion sizes aren't enormous...lol.Eat slowly and savor each bite.

2.Incorporate the unhealthy with the healthy.Say you want that juicy steak,pair it up with a healthy salad or another vegetable.

3.Take half home with you!Most people tend to think they have to eat there complete meal at a restaurant.No you can easily take half home with you to eat on another day or maybe take to work with you.No one says you have to eat all of it at once.

4.Enjoy Dessert!I have found in my weight loss journey if you deprive yourself,you will end up eating it later in larger quantities.So enjoy that slice of cake or bowl of ice cream!

5.Listen to your body.This is the part most people have trouble with....it takes at least 20 minutes for the brain to tell your body that you have eaten enough.Problem is,we often tend to ignore that.Especially if we are bound and determined to eat every last bite.

6.Don't count calories all the time!After my twins were born,I decided to lose my weight.Well one thing that stressed me out was calorie counting.I just decided not to do it anymore.You know your body and you know when you have eaten enough.Obviously for me it works.I lost all my baby weight and feel pretty good.Remember enjoy your food,don't go overboard and learn there is a balance between losing weight and enjoying your food!Remember I love to hear from my readers,so leave a comment.If you would like an article listed on this site just email me at fitnessmom9603@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment