Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Making Time for your Workouts and More...

Most people are pretty spot on when it comes to working out.Possibly they have a goal to reach or they are training for an event.However with people like me whom just enjoy the workout and all the other benefits that come with that.I don't intend to train for a marathon although that would be awesome one day.So how does your average person make that time or commitment?Well the answer is simple...Just do it!We all schedule time for shopping,work,errands,church,play dates for the kids.This is no different.Create a workout schedule that is doable and blends well with your other commitments.You can even include your spouse or your children into your workout schedule.I'm thinking this summer of jogging in the park or take the kids somewhere where they can run with me lol...I'm a pretty private person when it comes to my workouts so this may be a tough one.Also here are a few tips you should consider when creating your workout schedule:

1.Keep it realistic....This means do not set out to run an Ultra Marathon everyday!It wont work and you will get burned out pretty quick and will not look forward to it.

2.Rest...This means resting in between your workouts and allowing your muscles to heal.I enjoy working out,but I also know my own body and how far I can push it.

3.Make it Fun....Working out doesn't have to be a bore.Crank up the music and mix up your workouts.

4.Be Consistent....If you are not consistent you will not see results.If you can only work out a few days a week,great!Make those three days count.

5.Cross- Training...This is important.I don't do this as often as I should so I will be taking my own advice lol.Cross training is so important.It can be weight lifting,crunches etc.My favorite that I don't do as often as I should is Tae-Bo lol...it really packs a powerful punch in under an hour.If your thing is weight lifting I suggest doing it on your days when you are not doing your regular workouts.I don't suggest doing cardio and cross training on the same days.

Remember getting a workout schedule together and sticking to it can be tough at times,but don't give up.If you are getting burned out,its possible you are pushing yourself too hard.Re-evaluate your goals as well as the days a week you are working out and see what needs to be changed.Over time as you adapt to working out you will see results!If you have a tip that you would like to see here or have a comment feel free to email me at fitnessmom9603@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment